Hartland Community Band
In an effort to maintain the safety and comfort for all musicians and their families, we would like to work together to minimize any possible transmission of the virus. There will be some inherent risk in playing an instrument in close proximity to others. We believe it will be each individuals responsibility for their own safety. You know your situation best and how to keep yourself and your family safe. We will strive to provide a safe environment to do what we love, which is making music!
The following list of suggestions may help in lowering the risk factors.
- First and foremost – Do NOT come to rehearsal if:
- You are not feeling well
- You have an elevated temperature
- You have had a positive Covid test in the past two weeks
- You are experiencing any of the Covid-19 symptoms as listed by the CDC
- We will space out as much as our venue will allow.
- Bring your own water to rehearsals as water fountains may be disabled.
- Do not share music stands or folders.
- Be respectful of a person’s “space”, try to maintain an approved distance.
- Vaccines are encouraged, not required.
- With the above statements in place understand the following:
- We will not implement the use of bell covers.
- We will not require masks.
- You likely will sit closer than 6 feet from the players around you.
You will not lose your place in the band if you decide that you cannot participate in the 2021 Summer Season.